“ My Activity During Pandemic “

 

My name is Sri Wahyuni, I am one of the students from the English department of Makassar State University, now I have entered the 3rd semester, where I should no longer wear the black and white uniform as a sign of new students, Well, I'm no longer a new student, I'm quite happy to finally be able to go to campus wearing my favorite clothes and with bright colors. But unfortunately God says differently, because of this pandemic, online lectures still have to be held. instead of wearing clothes that convey my mood, I finally became lazy to wear neat clothes, because we were studying at home and I turned off the camera during zoom-meeting.

At the beginning of online lectures, to be precise in the second semester, maybe I was shocked and felt strange about online course. , so I was a little unproductive in semester 2. That's why I used it as study material and reference in semester 3 to be more productive. I have written all the activities I want to do in my notebook. Like in the morning I have to wake up at 5 am to pray Subuh, then memorize the vocabulary that I have prepared on the blackboard while waiting for my online course, usually classes start at 7.30 so before 7.30 I have to take a shower so I can take lessons well. Online lectures usually end until 3:30 p.m. Online course usually end until 15.30, every hour of rest, I usually use for eating and praying, or I leave my room to see greenery, so that my eyes can be fresh again.

Online course take place from Monday to Friday, because they have to be online, so we have to prepare a data plan so we can attend lectures, the students and of course myself, really hope that the free data plan distribution program can be realized as soon as possible. Because of this online lecture, we have to spend quite a lot of money to buy data plan, whereas we know that now many people are experiencing an economic crisis, many of their parents have been laid off, or for traders sometimes their sales are not selling well.

The obstacle that I experienced during the 3rd semester online lecture which has lasted 3 times this meeting is a network problem if learning is done via WhatsApp Grub I am not too problematic but if I have to go through a video meeting. but if learning has to go through a video meeting, my internet connection is not supported, sometimes when the lecturer is explaining, his voice is not heard so my notes do not connect with what was conveyed, but there is a saying that every problem has a solution, now the solution is that I am lucky to be placed in English Education class A, , my friends are very nice, we always help each other, so when my connection is bad and my records are messy I can fix it by borrowing my friend's notes.

As for the other problem I had during my online lectures, sometimes people at my home shouted to me to help them

“Sri where are you, here help me to prepare lunch”

” I'm studying now, I am working on a task”

“do it later, help me now”

“ OMG, ok wait “

Because learning is done creatively, some go through video meetings, discussions through WhatsApp groups, or google classrooms, and send learning videos on YouTube, so when my sister or my neighbors come into my room. then, they see I am watching a video at youtube. sometimes they misunderstand and I have to explain back to them.

"What, you don't study, you just watch videos, then when we ask you for help, you say you study, you lie to us"

“ no, no i'm not lying, I'm watching the learning video, believe me,

“really”

“ hmm, you can see for yourself”

Although there are many obstacles in this online lecture, of course there are also benefits from this online lecture, for example we can understand more about technology and information, can manage time well, teach us to be independent, and increase the solidarity of our classmates. Even so, I and of course the students hope that this pandemic can end quickly and be able to return to study at our beloved Orange campus, and especially at the Faculty of Language and Literature.

Komentar